Becoming Ella Kahn



Where do I even begin on this week's podcast guest? Ella Kahn is the woman with my dreams in her hands. My literary agent, Ella reached out to me via Twitter almost a year ago to the day to say, "I saw your blog post about the book you wrote. Can we talk?" And talk we did. From a hotel lobby in Bali I Skyped her, then got very, very drunk. Alone. Because I knew something special was happening. That my playing field was about to be upgraded by a million percent. I wasn't wrong. As far as I'm concerned Ella is superwoman, which is why it was a no-brainer to ask her about her becoming...




Becoming Ella Kahn










Prior to co-launching DKW in 2012, Ella worked at Andrew Nurnberg Associates as an Assistant Literary Agent for three years. She loves the creative side of collaborating with authors, pitching exciting projects and handling negotiations. Ella represents upmarket contemporary and historical fiction, science fiction, and some non-fiction. She also represents a wide range of children’s fiction for the 9-12 and YA age groups.





She has an MA in Publishing from University College London and a BA in Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic from the University of Cambridge. She was Chair of the Society of Young Publishers in 2011, and has also volunteered as the SYP’s Events Officer and Treasurer. She became a Freeman of the Stationers’ Company in 2012. Ella was included in The Bookseller’s list of Rising Stars in 2013, and was a winner of the London Book Fair Trailblazer Awards 2016. Follow Ella on @elladkahn





Happy listening! And yay! I'm now on itunes - search for "The Becoming Podcast", and hit "subscribe" for automatic updates. Bon weekend!





*






What is your experience of becoming? Tell me on Twitter using #thisismybecoming, or email me up to 1,000 words for the chance to tell your story here on Superlatively Rude. I’m on laura@superlativelyrude.com and will host my favourites over the next few months 


*strong arm emoji*

The Becoming Podcast theme music is by the incomparable Charlotte Carpenter, from her forthcoming EP How Are We Ever To Know


Oh - and don't forget to pre-order your copy of Becoming! It's down from £16.99 to £12.85 here. It's also on Amazon and Waterstone's.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming Alice Judge-Talbot

Everything looks better with my eyes open